"This is it…this is the kind of sound some people spend tons of money and their entire lives seeking to achieve. Yet, here it is, right in front of us... it looks gorgeous and, most importantly, it sounds gorgeous playing back everything from crappy 128k MP3’s downloaded from Napster in 1998, to advanced, high-res FLAC files from sites like HDtracks ...it effortlessly displays detail, is melodically and harmonically faithful, and it is a beautiful piece to show off." - Caleb Denison DIGITAL TRENDS
Simplicity = Performance
The only thing left to add to the decco65 is your computer or streamer and speakers. Simple and elegant for the way you listen. The decco65 has the inputs you really need for sources you use. Few are “analog” today, yet most integrated amplifiers on the market support analog only. The decco65 was designed to enhance any digital source, from mp3 to full 24/192 on your computer to the Apple TV, Sonos, music servers, internet radio or whatever source you choose.
Amarra works with your existing iTunes library and makes the music you love sound better than ever. All Amarra products are designed to optimize the handling and processing of digital audio in your Mac. For more information on the Amarra music player visit the Sonic Studio website.
The Reasons It Sounds So Good
- The ESS Sabre Digital to Analog Converter is widely recognized as the world’s best DAC when dealing with hostile digital components like computers and streamers.
- The 24/192 Asynchronous USB Input provides the best possible processing from this port and furthers the efforts of the ESS Sabre DAC.
- Galvanic Isolation Typically reserved for more expensive DAC circuits, galvanic isolation prevents electrical noise from entering the DAC board on all grounded digital inputs.
- The Tube Buffer uses a stereo triode 6N1P to smooth the harsh digital edge found in poor recordings and compressed audio.
- The Amplifier uses the same technology found in very expensive premium amplifiers.
- The Headphone Amp switches the speakers off when your headphones are inserted, so even when a quiet environment is required, you can still fill your head with lush high resolution music.
Digital to Analog Converter
The ESS Sabre Digital to Analog Converter is widely recognized as the worldʼs best DAC when dealing with hostile digital components like computers and streamers. Jitter is all but eliminated leaving a beautiful digital canvas as a base. The art of this DAC comes in with the hundreds of additional parts and multiple power supplies designed around the ESS chip that work in unison to produce the Peachtree sonic signature.
The 24/192 Asynchronous USB Input provides the best possible processing from this port and furthers the efforts of the ESS Sabre DAC. Asynchronous communication allows a high precision clock inside the decco65 to control the timing of the bitstream from the computer to the DAC. USB implementation is one of the more difficult tasks in the real world of computer audio.
Galvanic Isolation Typically reserved for more expensive DAC circuits, galvanic isolation prevents electrical noise from entering the DAC board on all grounded digital inputs. Any contamination due to the switching power supply, multiple ground points, and high speed processing is isolated from the DAC so nothing but pure 1ʼs and 0ʼs reach the DAC circuit.
The Tube Buffer uses a stereo triode 6N1P to smooth the harsh digital edge found in poor recordings and compressed audio. It can be switched on or off from the remote control to match your preference at any given time. We find it especially good for Pandora, MOG, Spotify and most cloud-based listening.
The Amplifier section of the decco65 uses the same technology found in very expensive premium amplifiers. This high performance Class D design has the ability to drive 65 watts per channel into 8Ω and 95 watts per channel into 4Ω with a very natural sound. The decco65 has the sonic signature of a great A/B amp with the power efficiency of Class D. Its combination of low distortion, high bandwidth, and energy efficiency makes it the ideal partner to the decco65 digital front end and hybrid tube preamp.
Just You and Your Music
The Headphone Amp in the decco65 switches the speakers off when your headphones are inserted, so even when a quiet environment is required, you can still fill your head with lush high-resolution music. The headphone output runs through the tube stage so you can enjoy that smooth tube sound in solitude.
decco65 Back Stage Pass
1) Trigger: Automatically turns on another triggered device.
2) USB Digital Input: Takes digital audio-content from your computerʼs USB and sends it to the Sabre DAC via asynchronous communication.
3) Optical Input: Common on CD players, cable boxes, Apple products, and other digital audio sources.
4) Coax 1 and 2: Common on CD players, Sonos players, Slim Devices Squeezebox, and a host of other digital audio sources.
5) Aux: Common on tape decks, phono boxes, and a host of other audio sources. We recommend using a digital connection when possible to take advantage of the Sabre DAC.
6) Pre Out: For external amp or subwoofer.
7) Speaker Terminals: 5 way binding posts. Spades, banana plugs or bare speaker wire.
8) Standby Switch: Turns mains on and off.
9) Detachable Power Cord
10) Voltage Switching: For international use.
Class D amp modules 65 watts per channel <0.5%
distortion into 8Ω, 95 watts per channel <0.5%
distortion 4Ω, 20Hz-50kHz +/- 0.1dB
Hybrid tube design (triode 6N1P) 5V output @ 2.0V input
Max output: 7V rms / 11.2V peak
Class A output stage <50Ω
Class A output with 6N1P tube in the circuit
Maximum output power: 100mW into 8 Ohm / 300mW into 150 Ohm / 150mW into 300 Ohm
Output impedance: <30Ω
Suitable for all electrodynamic headphones
ESS Sabre 9023 Upsampling 24/192
Sampling Rates : 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176, 192
USB Asynchronous up to 24/192
Optical Up to 24/96
Coax Up to 24/192
<3ps jitter measured at master clock
300w max <1w standby
4.37” x 14.8” x 11.5”
111mm x 377mm x 292mm
(including volume knob and speaker terminals)
2 years parts and labor
The full function remote control includes tube switching which allows you to customize your listening experience on the fly.
"This is it…this is the kind of sound some people spend tons of money and their entire lives seeking to achieve. Yet, here it is, right in front of us..."
Read the full review...
"Spotify linked through a Sqeezebox, Mac, or PC into a device like the decco65 is a match made in heaven and so versatile."
Read the full review...
"This is seriously good, seriously listenable digital sound, wedded to an amplifier that comes closer than most to being the electronic equivalent of a Mini Cooper: It's nearly impossible to use without smiling."
"Peachtree Audio's decco65 is among the most recommendable affordable-perfectionist products I've had the pleasure of using."
Read the full review...
"The Decco65 is an amalgamation of ease-of-use and value for money. You just can’t go wrong when you connect the Decco65 to any speaker;"
Read the full review...