The latest version of Peachtree's award-winning DAC•iT is now available! Click here to learn all about the new DAC•iTx featuring 24/192 Asynchronous USB.
It's the era of computer audio. Get on board with the DAC•iT!
With its high-resolution ESS Sabre 9023 DAC chip, the DAC•iT is designed to upgrade your hi-fi system and allow you to get plugged in to digital audio. The DAC•iT is optimized for computer and streaming audio devices so you can take the computer you already own and unlock its potential as both a music library and an audio tuner. Access and stream thousands upon thousands of internet radio stations via your computer and hi-fi system. You will make jaws drop when you add a Peachtree Audio DAC•iT to your hi-fi system.
The ESS Sabre 9023 DAC chip does all the heavy lifting, converting digital one's and zero's into rich, fully-realized analog audio. The DAC•iT features the three most important digital inputs a music lover could need: USB for your computer, plus optical and coaxial for other streamers like Apple TV or a CD or DVD player. The DAC•iT will revolutionize the way you listen to music.
Sabre Premier DAC
All three DAC•iT inputs take advantage of the high-resolution ESS ES9023 Sabre Premier DAC chip, plus our hot-rodded analog output section. This eliminates the need for expensive computer sound cards and effectively replaces the weak analog output section built into your streaming devices.
Compared to CD transports, computers and streaming devices present a rather harsh musical environment with a unique set of challenges. The Peachtree DAC•iT is specifically designed for this environment and is optimized to handle these challenges.
• The USB input is galvanically isolated, which is necessary when dealing with electrical noise generated by a computer's USB output. Elimination of this noise in the DAC•iT is among the most important reasons that the USB section performs so well.
• The DAC•iT re-clocks any digital signal to less than 3 picoseconds of jitter. This is quite an achievement since many computers have up to ten times the mis-timing (jitter) of a standard CD player.
• The DAC•iT's USB input accepts data up to 24bit/96kHz resolution to handle your high-resolution audio downloads.
• Streaming devices can be hooked up to the DAC•iT via optical or coaxial inputs (transformer-coupled to prevent superfluous noise from entering the signal path). The DAC•iT thinks they are all high-end CD players supplying a "friendly" bitstream. So if you have an Apple TV, Sonos or other streamer that you want to hook up to your existing system, the DAC•iT is your ticket to performance.
For added convenience, a remote control with direct input selection is included with the DAC•iT.
- Inputs: 1-USB, 1-coax, 1-optical
- Outputs: 1-L&R RCA
- DAC: ESS Sabre 9023
- Output: 2v
- Output impedance: 200 ohms
- S/N: 120dB
- Ground isolation: Transformer coupled inputs
- USB isolation: Galvanic
- Power supply: External 100-240v, 50-60Hz, 9V-1A
- Jitter at master clock: < 3ps
- Power consumption: 1w
- Chassis and housing: All metal
- Remote control: Included
- Dimensions (inches): 2.5 x 6.5 x 6.5
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor
<img class="inset-image-left" alt="Stereophile logo" src="https://www.oldpeachtreeaudio.com/media/wysiwyg/stereophile.png" width="250px" height="61px">
<blockquote>"Of (all the DACs mentioned) that cost less than $500, I would easily reach first for the DAC•iT...Peachtree Audio clearly knows what they're doing, and their DAC•iT is incredibly enjoyable to listen to. The guys at Peachtree are apparently fussy listeners, and in this model their fussiness has paid off." <a href="https://www.oldpeachtreeaudio.com/media/reviews/stereophile-dacit-review.pdf" target="_blank">Read the full review . . .</a></blockquote>
<img class="inset-image-left" alt="Computer Audiophile logo" src="https://www.oldpeachtreeaudio.com/media/wysiwyg/computer-audiophile-250x76.gif" width="250px" height="76px">
<blockquote>"In fact, I'd put DACs worth thousands of dollars more than the DAC•iT up against this thing and expect very little difference ... I encourage readers to find another DAC of this quality anywhere near this price." <a href="http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/428-Peachtree-Audio-DAC-iT-Review-AKA-DACiT" target="_blank">Read the full review . . .</a></blockquote>