nova300 Firmware Update
nova300 firmware update
Release Date: December 30, 2018
Firmware Release: 18.104.22.168
File name: nova_GA.nova300.1.9.0.0.upd
Adds the option to disable the "power failure mute" feature, by holding the volume control knob in (mute function) for ~15 seconds, until the standby LED blinks 5 times. This is useful in instances where electrical interference on the AC mains causes random unexpected loss of audio. Holding the knob in for ~15 seconds again reverts to default (4 blinks). Note that disabling the "power failure mute" can cause noise in the speakers if AC mains power suddenly is removed (power failure for example).
- Download the .upd firmware update file to a computer.
- Insert a USB thumb drive* into that computer and create a folder named PEACHTREE on the thumb drive. Be sure this folder is at "root level" on the thumb drive and not inside another folder. *MAXIMUM 8GB. A larger capacity drive will not be read by the nova.
- Place the .upd firmware update file into the PEACHTREE folder.
- Remove the USB thumb drive from the computer.
- Turn OFF the POWER switch on the rear panel of the Nova.
- Insert the USB thumb drive into the SERVICE ONLY port on the rear panel.
- Press and HOLD the front panel On/Standby button while turning ON the POWER switch on the rear panel. (Keep the front panel On/Standby button depressed for ~1 sec until the Standby LED starts blinking red (indicating it's in the firmware update mode).
- The blue input LEDs will begin lighting left to right to indicate the update progress (this process may repeat multiple times depending on the update).
- When the update is complete, the blue LOOP LED will flash slowly (the update may only take a few seconds for a minor update).
- Once again turn OFF the POWER switch on the rear panel of the Nova.
- Remove the USB thumb drive.
- Turn the POWER switch on the rear panel of the Nova back ON and use as normal. Enjoy the music!
Download firmware update here: nova_GA.nova300.1.9.0.0.upd
• The Nova picks the first file it finds with the prefix "Nova_" or "nova_" in the PEACHTREE folder on the USB thumb drive. If there is more than one update file on the thumb drive (i.e., from previous updates), delete the older ones from the USB thumb drive before inserting it into the SERVICE ONLY port on the rear panel of the Nova.
• If there is an error during the firmware update process, all 8 blue input LEDs will flash (instead of the LOOP LED flashing to indicate success). Repeat the update process beginning with step 5.